Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 19, 2024, 08:53:20 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [DONE 1.5.1]Integrated Chat Mod Version 2.0 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [DONE 1.5.1]Integrated Chat Mod Version 2.0  (Read 196634 times)
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

Re:[BETA 1.5.1]Integrated Chat Mod Version 2.0
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2003, 06:42:12 PM »

I installed the mod, but the chat isn't showing up in the administration or the buttons to navigate the forum. I think I did everything correctly, but I must be wrong :(

the forum's address is http://www.alejandro.tv/foros

My Mods: Avatar & Sig Size Control, No Show Msg Subject, Msg URL Composer, Built-in Avatar Rand, Built-in Sig Rand, Remove New-lines Excess, Show All Stars, Search Bar, Smart URLs
goosemoose

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2003, 07:36:06 PM »

Quote from: matthigg on February 26, 2003, 03:16:30 PM
I have successfully modified steps 2, 4, 7 and 9 but am stuck on step 5.  The line :

'calendarpe' => array("$sourcedir/Calendar.php", 'CalendarPostEvent'),

in index.php simply isn't there!! any thoughts? I'm progressing but still not quite there!

Matt

What version of YaBB are you using? That line has been in since at least 1.5.

MobileYaBB v.3 [75% done]
All in One MemberList 1.0
Integrated Chat v 2.0
goosemoose

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2003, 07:36:56 PM »

Quote from: Anguz on February 26, 2003, 06:42:12 PM
I installed the mod, but the chat isn't showing up in the administration or the buttons to navigate the forum. I think I did everything correctly, but I must be wrong :(

the forum's address is http://www.alejandro.tv/foros

Did you upload the changed files?

MobileYaBB v.3 [75% done]
All in One MemberList 1.0
Integrated Chat v 2.0
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2003, 08:08:49 PM »

yeah, I had, but they weren't hahaha

it's fixed now

this being my first time adding a mod, I didn't know that a single error in Boardmod would discard the other steps, I now made the changes succesfully in every step and re-uploaded the files... working now :)

but it says that the room is for members only and doesn't let me in lol

I'm looking into it now  ::)

My Mods: Avatar & Sig Size Control, No Show Msg Subject, Msg URL Composer, Built-in Avatar Rand, Built-in Sig Rand, Remove New-lines Excess, Show All Stars, Search Bar, Smart URLs
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2003, 08:41:51 PM »

hehehe it's working now

;D

I do have the same problem with the settings in the admin mod panel, everytime I go back there, the pulldown menus are back to the defaults, no what I selected anymore

also, the number of people in the chatroom takes a while to update, first I was alone and said "1" fine, but then someone came in but still said "1" after a while, then that person left and then said "2" even now that I'm still alone...

???

brodle

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2003, 08:48:14 PM »

Quote from: Anguz on February 26, 2003, 08:08:49 PM
yeah, I had, but they weren't hahaha

it's fixed now

this being my first time adding a mod, I didn't know that a single error in Boardmod would discard the other steps, I now made the changes succesfully in every step and re-uploaded the files... working now :)

but it says that the room is for members only and doesn't let me in lol

I'm looking into it now  ::)

What is the name of the room you chose? Sometimes room names may be taken, especially if you use commonly used chat room name like $General Lobby Teenchat etc....

brodle

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2003, 08:57:57 PM »

We now have a French translation  thanks to Chriss77!! You should be able to just choose french from the admin panel  or add &paramfilename=french.prm to the chat.php script

brodle

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2003, 09:03:05 PM »

Quote from: Anguz on February 26, 2003, 08:41:51 PM
hehehe it's working now

;D

I do have the same problem with the settings in the admin mod panel, everytime I go back there, the pulldown menus are back to the defaults, no what I selected anymore

also, the number of people in the chatroom takes a while to update, first I was alone and said "1" fine, but then someone came in but still said "1" after a while, then that person left and then said "2" even now that I'm still alone...

???

There is about a 30 second delay  before the table become refreshed again in my DB that tracks usage. I dont wan tto kill my DB :)

Not one sits on a webpage and keeps clicking to see if the number changes right away, they look at what is currently showing when they first log in.  Ive seen many sites just throw up random numbers tog et people into the chat room even tho no one is in there.

Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2003, 09:06:44 PM »

no, it wasn't taken, I had already registered the room yesterday, alejandro.tv, and it's working now... I just unchecked the "members only" option and it worked fine :)

brodle

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2003, 09:07:52 PM »

Quote from: Anguz on February 26, 2003, 09:06:44 PM
no, it wasn't taken, I had already registered the room yesterday, alejandro.tv, and it's working now... I just unchecked the "members only" option and it worked fine :)

Good to hear!

loonysalmon
Noobie

I'm crappity smacking not a lamma!

pyrodonahue@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2003, 10:16:18 PM »

I think that a good example of the chat mod is demonstrated at
http://www.octane-design.biz/~pyrodonahue/friends/forum

Only one thing about the site though...get a better menu button for the chat.  Requested one about 5 minutes ago.  Hopefully done soon 8)

I'm crappity smacking not a lamma!
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2003, 10:37:55 PM »

I like the button, but I'm also sure that many will do new ones and they should send a copy to brodle to zip together so that ppl can choose from them

I noticed that some menus, like the emoticons one, aren't translated... I could help with the spanish version if you want

brodle

I'm a llama!

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2003, 05:22:38 AM »

Quote from: loonysalmon on February 26, 2003, 10:16:18 PM
I think that a good example of the chat mod is demonstrated at
http://www.octane-design.biz/~pyrodonahue/friends/forum

Only one thing about the site though...get a better menu button for the chat.  Requested one about 5 minutes ago.  Hopefully done soon 8)

your site didnt load :)

Gere

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2003, 09:52:57 AM »

Brodle could you send me the language file, I would try to translate it into Finnish.

email [email protected]

goosemoose it would be great if you could make the chatinfo visible only at the boardindex.
matthigg
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2003, 10:56:08 AM »

Quote from: goosemoose on February 26, 2003, 07:36:06 PM
Quote from: matthigg on February 26, 2003, 03:16:30 PM
I have successfully modified steps 2, 4, 7 and 9 but am stuck on step 5.  The line :

'calendarpe' => array("$sourcedir/Calendar.php", 'CalendarPostEvent'),

in index.php simply isn't there!! any thoughts? I'm progressing but still not quite there!

Matt

What version of YaBB are you using? That line has been in since at least 1.5.

Am using version 1.5.1.

I know it would be above and beyond the call of duty but can I e-mail you a copy of index.php to look at?

cheers

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [DONE 1.5.1]Integrated Chat Mod Version 2.0 « previous - next »