Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 19, 2024, 02:58:12 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [DONE 1.5.1]Integrated Chat Mod Version 2.0 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [DONE 1.5.1]Integrated Chat Mod Version 2.0  (Read 196631 times)
brodle

I'm a llama!

Re:[done 1.5.1]Integrated Chat Mod Version 2.0
« Reply #285 on: July 17, 2003, 01:19:40 PM »

Quote from: Fizzy on July 17, 2003, 09:12:35 AM
OK, then I have to try and find a workaround.
Is there any way of copying a default certificate from another user and modifying it to match the user who didn't manager to get the cert in the first place?

it doesnt work like that. The java applet is a signed applet and when you ar epresented with it you choose to accept it for the session , to trust it always or not to trust it.

Tools - Internet Options - Settings - View Objects
Delete all ChatSpace pbjects

Tools - Internet Options - Content Tab - Publishers - Remove Akiva

Fizzy

« Reply #286 on: July 18, 2003, 07:22:17 AM »

Quote from: brodle on July 17, 2003, 01:19:40 PM
Tools - Internet Options - Settings - View Objects
Delete all ChatSpace pbjects

Tools - Internet Options - Content Tab - Publishers - Remove Akiva

I'm not sure what you are telling me to do here Brodle ???

Theres nothing there to delete under the name of Akiva or Chatspace
1979Z28

« Reply #287 on: July 18, 2003, 09:06:54 AM »

Click on those in Internet Explorer, if that's what browser you use ;)
Fizzy

« Reply #288 on: July 18, 2003, 06:20:31 PM »

Thanks 19,

I had worked that bit out - what I am saying is that I think Brodle is asking me to delete something that doesn't exist in my browser settings.
brodle

I'm a llama!

« Reply #289 on: July 21, 2003, 01:22:11 PM »

Quote from: Fizzy on July 18, 2003, 06:20:31 PM
Thanks 19,

I had worked that bit out - what I am saying is that I think Brodle is asking me to delete something that doesn't exist in my browser settings.

if it is not there its not a big deal. it means you never said to always trust Akiva's certificate. if the chat room loads for you and it is working ( you can chat with people) then your settings are fine. If a few feature dont work because your not running the sign applet, there not much I can do. Please remember this is a free service I offer. My time is limited in trouble shooting problems and I will do my best to do so. If you want to pay my salary I'd be happy to do this full time :)

1979Z28

« Reply #290 on: July 21, 2003, 01:35:49 PM »

Now why would we wanna pay somebody? It's much more fun to watch people rip their hair out in frustration at NOT being paid for this! :P

1979Z28 runs and hides where nobody can hurt him for saying that!
Fizzy

« Reply #291 on: July 21, 2003, 10:09:11 PM »

I'm sure I'm missing a few things, If you notice any let me know.

Then can I suggest that maybe you should add that bit about certificates in your first posting.
Not all users would be prepared to accept an unexpected certyificate authorisation.

If it means that you permanently have to miss out on facilities that the chat room offers then it has to be worth mentioning.

And that is NOT a dig. Just a suggestion :)
brodle

I'm a llama!

« Reply #292 on: July 22, 2003, 02:18:21 AM »

Quote from: Fizzy on July 21, 2003, 10:09:11 PM

Then can I suggest that maybe you should add that bit about certificates in your first posting.
Not all users would be prepared to accept an unexpected certyificate authorisation.

If it means that you permanently have to miss out on facilities that the chat room offers then it has to be worth mentioning.

The best place for it is probably in your help section on your forum or in a discussion area to educate the members. I have found that to be the best area for it.

brodle

I'm a llama!

Looking to enhance the module
« Reply #293 on: July 22, 2003, 02:26:46 AM »

Hi everyone.. I would really like to enhance this module. Goosemoose codes the php/yabb part and I take care of the chat side of things. Id been interested in putting together a team to help work with me on making this better. If anyone is interested let me know

[email protected]

Prob would need knowledge of ASP and php to make the mod fully affective.

I use an SQL back end

Fizzy

« Reply #294 on: July 22, 2003, 06:10:12 AM »

Quote from: brodle on July 22, 2003, 02:18:21 AM
Quote from: Fizzy on July 21, 2003, 10:09:11 PM

The best place for it is probably in your help section on your forum or in a discussion area to educate the members. I have found that to be the best area for it.

???

You missed my point.

How does that educate an admin who just installed the mod ?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 06:11:11 AM by Fizzy » Logged
Bunk Films YABBSE User
Noobie

A wannabe YABBSE board admin!

« Reply #295 on: July 28, 2003, 06:30:35 PM »

I need some help with this. I ran the installation first using boardmod then when that didn't work I went through and double checked everything manually.  I can modify the chat settings from my admin menu settings (mods settings and options) but i still can't figure out why I am not getting the chat menu button on my forums menu bar and why the code I added to my template doesn't return any values for people in the chat room.  Any ideas?  

T.Marquez Jr.
YABBSE Admin for Indy Film Forums
forums.bunkfilms.com
brodle

I'm a llama!

« Reply #296 on: July 28, 2003, 07:25:43 PM »

Quote from: Bunk Films YABBSE User on July 28, 2003, 06:30:35 PM
I need some help with this. I ran the installation first using boardmod then when that didn't work I went through and double checked everything manually.  I can modify the chat settings from my admin menu settings (mods settings and options) but i still can't figure out why I am not getting the chat menu button on my forums menu bar and why the code I added to my template doesn't return any values for people in the chat room.  Any ideas?  

Whats the addy to the board? So we can take a look at it.

The scripts only work after you have registered your room on the chat server. You do that by joining the chat with the username you want to use as owner/moderator.  You register that by double clicking on your name in the right menu. Once you do that you can register the room by clicking the room options button.

Bunk Films YABBSE User
Noobie

« Reply #297 on: July 28, 2003, 08:09:38 PM »

Here is the direct link: http://forums.bunkfilms.com/yabbse

I thought I registered the room, I went to the site got the reply email etc.  But I didn't do the register username thing though.

Would not doing this also prevent the chat button from showing up in the menu?? That is where I am really confused. I didn't see anything in the code that would prevent that (but I must say I am not a programmer and really admire those of you who do this stuff).

T.Marquez Jr.
forums.bunkfilms.com
brodle

I'm a llama!

« Reply #298 on: July 28, 2003, 08:25:11 PM »

Quote from: Bunk Films YABBSE User on July 28, 2003, 08:09:38 PM
Here is the direct link: http://forums.bunkfilms.com/yabbse

I thought I registered the room, I went to the site got the reply email etc.  But I didn't do the register username thing though.

Would not doing this also prevent the chat button from showing up in the menu?? That is where I am really confused. I didn't see anything in the code that would prevent that (but I must say I am not a programmer and really admire those of you who do this stuff).

There are two pages index.php and subs.php where we search out to put the chat links and images in. I think whats is missing is the index.php. You can open  the .mod file for the lines.

Some times if you have isntalled other modes  it will ahve problems locating both these lines.

Bunk Films YABBSE User
Noobie

« Reply #299 on: July 28, 2003, 08:43:45 PM »

Thanks for the quick responses.  After the installation didn't work for me, I did go through and modify all the files (and double check) per the code in the mod file.  I manually inserted the lines of code into those files, but I am going to go back and concentrate on those files.

I have registered the room and such, (even made sure this time :) ) but it still doesn't show in my forums (the text part under the login name).  

T.Marquez Jr.
forums.bunkfilms.com
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [DONE 1.5.1]Integrated Chat Mod Version 2.0 « previous - next »