Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 19, 2024, 03:48:28 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Portal Discussion  |  External Login/Password Database Source « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: External Login/Password Database Source  (Read 5031 times)
Ethernal
Noobie

I'm a llama!

External Login/Password Database Source
« on: February 11, 2003, 07:16:22 PM »

I'm attempting to integrate YABBSE into my portal page.  The problem that i'm facing is that users need to re-register for YABB and for the portal.  I'm looking though some of the pages in /Sources I could rewrite the Register/Login functions to add/query my database, but this could (probably would) cause problems with the rest of the site.

What is the recommended approch to accomplish this, if any.  Is there already a "hack" to allow YABB to hook into LDAP or an other Data Source?

Thank you.

Stephane
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
Re:External Login/Password Database Source
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 11:23:06 PM »

I've done this to many different scripts, including my own.

Usually, it's quite easy to add a few queries in... just do a full text search of the directory for some thing like $_COOKIE or whatever it uses.

-[Unknown]
Gastovski

Chicken Chow Mein!

Re:External Login/Password Database Source
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 06:02:59 PM »

We've done it on our site too, also check out http://www.ofpec.com, they have used the same method as us. We arent using a ready made CMS system, made by *drum roll* usses ;)

P.S. Our site isnt up yet because we are still developing it.

The Navy Diver is not a fighting man. He is a salvage expert. If it's lost underwater, he finds it. If it's sunk, he brings it up. If it's in the way, he moves it. If he's lucky, he dies young two hundred feet beneath the waves. 'Cause that is the closest he will ever get to being a hero.
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Portal Discussion  |  External Login/Password Database Source « previous - next »