Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 20, 2024, 12:20:18 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Portal Discussion  |  Instead of portal... « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Instead of portal...  (Read 6291 times)
Dr_Michael

Hellenic web

Instead of portal...
« on: February 06, 2003, 06:50:39 PM »

...I would prefer to see more mods for giving abilities for articles and links submissions, etc... As it happens with phpbb. I dont want to install a portal software which will overwrite my exisitng files and so I will loose all my mods and changes I have done. Is there any possibility to see all the features that a portal has, as seperate mods for YaBB SE?  ::)

David
Destroyer Dave
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm not a llama!

Re:Instead of portal...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 09:00:09 PM »

Because of the complexity of any portal, I doubt you will see this if you really want the functionality your are describing.  Just reinstall your mods after installing the portal.

mephisto_kur

Hi ho.

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 09:26:12 PM »

Both YaPP and PfaBB are YaBBSE mods.  Just big ones.  To be honest, I don't know what YaBBSE files got changed for PfaBB, but if you ask Michele, she may be able to tell you.  That will at least make pfabb back into more of a mod (a big one, but still a mod) and you may be able to figure out how to install it and keep your own mods without the two breaking each other.  Eric over at YaPP, on the other hand, has refused to tell anyone about what changes were made to YaBBSE files, so no help there - you would need to go step by step through the code and find his additions before you could possible mod YaBBSE into a YaPP portal the way you would like.

It may be impossible for either, but those two are the closest to YaBBSE mods of the bunch.  Maybe EZTarch or TTCMS would be the next closest.  I haven't messed with either enough to see what changes they have made to YaBBSE code.

Awmp, ding, soo googoongee doop, dee
Googoo Fleegoogeegoo
Goo Fleegoogeegoo
Duht, Deeheeh
Oogoogoog Dtee
Oogoogagoo oogoogweee
Fleegoogeegoo, fleegow
Go go mah mah mefs sufh yeah...
John R
PHP Challenged
Global Moderator

Click, Click, Click, Bang!

ICQ - 3166233codehammer@thevortex.com
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 12:33:38 AM »

Actually YaPP did not make near as many changes to YaBB SE as you might think.  Most of the changes were the addition of ancillory files to help do the work of YaBB SE files and still be YaPP.

cheers..........

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!

Note: I do not acknowledge support requests via PM, MSN or ICQ, please use the support boards.
Dr_Michael

Hellenic web

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 12:42:27 AM »

Quote from: John R on February 07, 2003, 12:33:38 AM
Actually YaPP did not make near as many changes to YaBB SE as you might think.  Most of the changes were the addition of ancillory files to help do the work of YaBB SE files and still be YaPP.

cheers..........

Can you provide me a list with all the files that change through the yapp installation?

Michele
Beta Tester
YaBB God

I can't wait for YaBB SE 2!

Mad+Moya WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2003, 12:50:08 AM »

Actually, YaPP and PfaBB change quite a few files:

Admin.php
BoardIndex.php
Display.php
english.lng
index.php
Load.php
MessageIndex.php
ModifyMessage.php
ModSettings.php
Post.php
Profile.php
Subs.php

Some only have minor changes, and others (like Admin.php and Subs.php) have pretty extensive changes.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2003, 12:51:50 AM by Michele » Logged

formerly Mad Moya
PfaBB - http://pfabb.lunabyte.com
Jedi~
Eric
Beta Tester
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2003, 02:42:25 AM »

Quote from: mephisto_kur on February 06, 2003, 09:26:12 PM
Eric over at YaPP, on the other hand, has refused to tell anyone about what changes were made to YaBBSE files, so no help there.

I sware, always out to make me the bad guy. I was never even asked what files were changed, I would of told whoever had asked me, don't put words in my mouth.
David
Destroyer Dave
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm not a llama!

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2003, 02:46:40 AM »

Quote from: Jedi~ on February 08, 2003, 02:42:25 AM
Eric over at YaPP, on the other hand, has refused to tell anyone about what changes were made to YaBBSE files, so no help there.

I sware, always out to make me the bad guy. I was never even asked what files were changed, I would of told whoever had asked me, don't put words in my mouth.
I'd have to agree with Eric on this one.

Michele
Beta Tester
YaBB God

I can't wait for YaBB SE 2!

Mad+Moya WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2003, 04:47:11 AM »

Yup, me too... I don't recall anyone asking him what files were affected. And I didn't have any major problems figuring out which ones were affected. :)

formerly Mad Moya
PfaBB - http://pfabb.lunabyte.com
mephisto_kur

Hi ho.

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2003, 06:53:24 AM »

Quote from: Jedi~ on February 08, 2003, 02:42:25 AM

I don't have to put words in your mouth, Eric.  I once asked asked you outright what changes you had made.  You told me "I'm not sure" so I asked if you keep a changelog  or anything like that.  You said no.  Sounds like you weren't very willing to help me out, and I was UPGRADING YAPP.

Awmp, ding, soo googoongee doop, dee
Googoo Fleegoogeegoo
Goo Fleegoogeegoo
Duht, Deeheeh
Oogoogoog Dtee
Oogoogagoo oogoogweee
Fleegoogeegoo, fleegow
Go go mah mah mefs sufh yeah...
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2003, 03:08:06 PM »

Leave the old YaPP arguments of of these forums, this is now the second warning I have had to give....

kablekid12
Noobie

Hello

cablekid12@hotmail.com
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2003, 04:08:25 PM »

Quote from: Jeff Lewis on February 08, 2003, 03:08:06 PM
Leave the old YaPP arguments of of these forums, this is now the second warning I have had to give....

Thats exactly what i was gona say

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Portal Discussion  |  Instead of portal... « previous - next »