Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
March 28, 2024, 11:01:17 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Portal Discussion  |  Which portal is the most customizable? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Which portal is the most customizable?  (Read 4925 times)
Purple Raine
Beta Tester

Who's Yo Daddy?

Which portal is the most customizable?
« on: February 08, 2003, 10:31:59 AM »

Well, like the rest of you, I'm a huge YaBBSE fan and have been with the program for a while now.

I've been on the waiting list for SE2 to come out for a long time and don't know if I should install a CMS now to tide me over.

I currently run a website that DOES NOT use CSS and is primarily in html.  It evolves around yabb in the sense that the who's online is on every page of the site.  It is also a special edication of the script as it links up two different forums and shares information between both forums.

Now, I'm in the midst of building a second site to go with the pair of boards and I'd like to start this site in a CMS such that I don't ever have to deal with the hassles of an html site.

The problem is, of course, finding an appropriate portal system that would not only fit with YabbSE but that would also suit my needs.  

What does that include?  Well, it's gotta be customizable.  I currently have two separate templates for my sites and would like to keep the look of both of these sites.  I have other scripts (gallery, banner exchange, etc.) that I run and would like be able to keep those in the site.  It's definitely gotta be expandable - something that would work with SE2 when it comes out (or offers a converter), etc.  Something flexible - it's gotta be able to do what a non-CMS based site can do - which is anything.

And finally, of course, something that would work with my customized version of Yabbse.

Now, the question is, is there something out there that can actually do this?  that's free?  that's available sometime soon?

Thanks for the input!
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Portal Discussion  |  Which portal is the most customizable? « previous - next »