Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 19, 2024, 11:42:12 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Portal Discussion  |  Portal or other method for photo gallery integration « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Portal or other method for photo gallery integration  (Read 3757 times)
xenon2000
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Portal or other method for photo gallery integration
« on: February 21, 2003, 08:32:29 PM »

Portal or other method for photo gallery integration.

I am using YaBBse 1.5.1RC1.
I am looking for the best way to have an intergrated photo gallery that has features such as changeable displayed size of the image, ratings, and commentary. I currently have album.pl installed, but so far do not have it really integrated with YaBBse, so the site feels very split up between the 2 systems. Can anyone recommend any other solutions that may have good photo gallery features? Seemed that the "portal" board here was the best place to start posting about this. Should I post this somewhere else? Thanks.
irbrian

I create. Therefore I am.

brian@inverse-reality.com WWW
Re:Portal or other method for photo gallery integration
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 10:07:15 PM »

Does PfaBB include a photo gallery, folks?

Imparting great wisdom daily to those who will mistake my words as such.
Michele
Beta Tester
YaBB God

I can't wait for YaBB SE 2!

Mad+Moya WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 10:12:18 PM »

Not yet, but we're trying... :)

formerly Mad Moya
PfaBB - http://pfabb.lunabyte.com
xenon2000
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 10:15:49 PM »

If it PfaBB does, I didn't see any mention of it at thier site.

myphpNuke has an "eGallery" addon, but it lacks thumbnailed Prev/Next navigation and it doesn't have client end "size" display options like album.pl.
xenon2000
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2003, 11:13:28 PM »

Thanks for the ideas so far. I will keep looking. So far all the solutions I have found, do not have the nice user-side option to view at different sizes. Which I like. There are some other things I like as well, such as user uploads and control in album.pl
  I will post here if I find any more options that haven't been listed yet. Thanks so far.
John R
PHP Challenged
Global Moderator

Click, Click, Click, Bang!

ICQ - 3166233codehammer@thevortex.com
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2003, 02:35:36 AM »

You might try looking at this thread.
http://www.yabbse.org/community/index.php?board=158;action=display;threadid=14810

It shouldn't be difficult to add this gallery and it works very well on my site.

cheers...............

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!

Note: I do not acknowledge support requests via PM, MSN or ICQ, please use the support boards.
xenon2000
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2003, 03:33:22 AM »

Thanks for another suggestion. I will keep working. This option also lacks client-side resizing, uses popup windows for displaying the fullsize image, and also no rating system. But it does have the comment option. I may have to try figuring out how to get album.pl to integrate with YaBBse. I will keep searching and reviewing the suggestions that get listed here. Thanks again.
xenon2000
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Album.pl
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2003, 06:00:50 AM »

Well, I now am using 1.5.1RC1 - patch43 and PfaBB 0.5b8

I love the additions that PfaBB has made to YaBBse. Hopefully one day a great photo gallery addon will develope. I have been looking for several days now. And it still looks like album.pl is going to be my best option for the features I want. So I am going to work to integrate that. I look forward to the progress of Yabbse and PfaBB. Great stuff. Thanks.
elvensage
Noobie

Life feeds on life, feeds on life, feeds on life.

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2003, 11:49:09 PM »

Yes, a picture gallery would be cool in PfaBB, but I think it should be expanded past being just a picture gallery.  Make it so it could also be a place someone could put their poetry, and such on there as well, just not limit it to pictures.

"Angel of the Lord, what are  these tortured screams?"  And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots! You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust."
mephisto_kur

Hi ho.

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2003, 08:40:07 PM »

Rowan Lewis is working on an article submission system.  Once we see what that looks like you may be able to adapt it to your needs...  There was a file hosting mod built for YaPP floating around at one point, too.  I mat try to update it to work with PfaBB, but my php ability is pretty, uh, non-existant so it may take awhile.

Awmp, ding, soo googoongee doop, dee
Googoo Fleegoogeegoo
Goo Fleegoogeegoo
Duht, Deeheeh
Oogoogoog Dtee
Oogoogagoo oogoogweee
Fleegoogeegoo, fleegow
Go go mah mah mefs sufh yeah...
John R
PHP Challenged
Global Moderator

Click, Click, Click, Bang!

ICQ - 3166233codehammer@thevortex.com
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2003, 01:18:01 AM »

Quote from: mephisto_kur on March 03, 2003, 08:40:07 PM
Rowan Lewis is working on an article submission system.  Once we see what that looks like you may be able to adapt it to your needs...  There was a file hosting mod built for YaPP floating around at one point, too.  I mat try to update it to work with PfaBB, but my php ability is pretty, uh, non-existant so it may take awhile.

The filehosting mod you speak of quite possibly is the one that was written for my site by sahasrahla but I don't think you understand exactly what it does.

It actually allows me to supply hosting, on my own server, to certain membergroups of my board.  I do not think that it could be modified to act as a gallery or article system.

cheers............

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!

Note: I do not acknowledge support requests via PM, MSN or ICQ, please use the support boards.
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Portal Discussion  |  Portal or other method for photo gallery integration « previous - next »