Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
March 28, 2024, 02:20:28 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.5.1-1.5.5] Blog Mod (07/19) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Done 1.5.1-1.5.5] Blog Mod (07/19)  (Read 47160 times)
redsnow
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Re:[Done 1.5.1-1.5.4] Blog Mod (07/19)
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2004, 10:59:27 PM »

is blogmod 1.2 coming out?

how come on my blogs...there is no link to post and view comments...
Spaceman-Spiff
Mod Team
YaBB God

My $txt[228]

Re:[Done 1.5.1-1.5.4] Blog Mod (07/19)
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2004, 11:03:41 PM »

Quote from: amango on December 31, 2003, 11:20:34 PM
Sorry! I wrote this not as a request, it's an security issue in the Blog Mod. The E-Mail adress is shown in the blog even if the registered user disabled displaying the adress. The mod should check this and not display the adress.
ok, i'll check on that...

Quote from: chs999 on January 05, 2004, 02:20:26 AM
When will the next version with archives and such in it? Let me know. Thanks
The next version will have archives
see my blog for the demo: http://www.monkey-pirate.com/blogs/spiff/ (the archive links are on the right side)
when will the next version be released? i dont know, haven't had much free time lately, sorry...

Quote from: king_killa on January 10, 2004, 07:11:53 PM
* king_killa gives props to Spaceman
Looks really cool man, but I can't use it, because I no longer have a yabbse. But I still think it looks really cool.  :)
eh? i hope you're using SMF, not something else... :P

Quote from: Uncle on January 12, 2004, 11:07:02 AM
I'd like to know how this blog works... can anyone help me?
Installing this mod i understood that as admin i can create a forum o modify a category with a blog board...
so then, if i do what above what will happen?
your board will become a blog board.
the only difference it has is people can send comments to your posts/blog entries
here's an blog board demo: http://omanga.monkey-pirate.com/index.php?board=27

Quote from: redsnow on January 18, 2004, 10:59:27 PM
how come on my blogs...there is no link to post and view comments...
can i have a link to your forum or blog board?

My mods, ysePak, codes, tutorials
    Support question IMs = bad.
redsnow
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Re:[Done 1.5.1-1.5.5] Blog Mod (07/19)
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2004, 07:57:22 AM »

wow cool! archives that would be so cool.

I dont have problems with the comments anymore. Thanks for the help though. I installed it onto my YabbSE and had the no comment link problem. But then i installed Luna Enigma and installed the blog mod and the comment link works fine.

Everything looks cool and I can't wait to stylize it. I haven't posted anything yet, so i dont know how the current version handles archives. But seeing how your tricked out blogger handles the archives is pretty darn cool. You've pretty much created a full blown blogger. I used Movable Type before. But that thing is really bulky as a standalone blogger. So your blog mod using YabbSE as the backbone is really nifty. MT actually bonked out on me and doesn't work anymore, so i'm ready to use your blogmod as my blogger.

It would be cool if people started making templates for the stylized blog_ssi.php ... if that makes any sense.

So yeah, cool stuff for the next version would be displaying the archive and latest comments like you have it on your site. And if possible an admin panel for the blog owner so they can add links like you have on the right for "friends blogs" and "my projects".

peace
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 07:59:34 AM by redsnow » Logged
redsnow
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2004, 03:55:59 AM »

Question...

I want to make my site accessible to members only. So i check the "Dissallow guests from doing anything but register". But what happens then is that the "blog_ssi" is only accessible by members even on an external site. But of course I want that to be accessible to everyone.

Is there a way to make it work the way I want?
redsnow
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2004, 07:02:26 AM »

spaceman spiff,

I would just like to let you know I am eagerly awaiting the newest version with archives. Even a beta version would be great. Just posting to keep this thread alive!

-redsnow
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.5.1-1.5.5] Blog Mod (07/19) « previous - next »