Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 26, 2024, 09:30:04 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.4.1 & 1.5.X] View/Delete "No Posts" Members 1.3 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Done 1.4.1 & 1.5.X] View/Delete "No Posts" Members 1.3  (Read 30227 times)
Jack.R.Abbit
Mod Team
YaBB God

RACE FOR SPENT!

[Done 1.4.1 & 1.5.X] View/Delete "No Posts" Members 1.3
« on: October 03, 2002, 05:13:52 PM »

Adds a link to the Admin to view/delete all members that have not yet posted to the forum.  It brings up a dialog similar to the view/delete members and the view inactive members, but this also shows their registration date and orders them by reg date.  I thought it made sense to see how long they have been registered so you don't delete someone that just registered but has not posted yet.  This sorting could be changed easily by modifying the query statement.

viewnopostmembers - updated 09/22/2003

Updates:
10/21/02 - the addition of a "day inactive" column and moving the function to its own source file to keep Admin.php a bit cleaner.

10/29/02 - Added the Select All and Select None links that were requested.  If you have previously installed this mod, just download the zip version and upload the source file, ViewNoPostMembers.php.  No other changes were made.

03/03/2003 - Updated for 1.5.1RC1
03/24/2003 - Updated for 1.5.1RC45
04/22/2003 - Updated for 1.5.1 Final
06/05/2003 - Updated/verified for 1.5.2 & 1.5.3
09/22/2003 - Added column to show memberIP.

Enjoy!

I should mention that be sure to back up your data before applying this, or any, mod.  Everything I post works fine in my YaBB installation but your milage may vary.

-Jack
« Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 06:46:22 PM by Jack.R.Abbit » Logged

<--------  Mods by Jack  -------->
Package Server: http://www.modsbydesign.com/mods.by.jack/yabbse/ (now serving)

|----------------------------------------------|
|                                              |
|          DON'T PM ME FOR SUPPORT!             |
1979Z28

Re:[Beta 1.4.1] [Code] View/Delete "No Posts" Members
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2002, 05:57:08 AM »

Sweetness. ;D Installed it, worked fine, even though I manually changed the files. Went off perfectly. Went through, and deleted members.

Seems to work fine :)

I'm on a heavily modded 1.4.1 board btw, so this seems like it would work on ANYTHING ;D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2002, 05:57:36 AM by 1979Z28 » Logged
Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2002, 06:29:06 AM »

Only suggestion would be a select all option. Other then that really useful, no more having to go to the database to delete them. :)
Webby
Beta Tester
YaBB God

Some mistakes are too funny to make only once.

ICQ - 9814812webby@salesplaza.nl WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2002, 08:16:13 AM »

One option I would appreciate :

show their last login date.

It could be possible for people to NOT post, but log in frequently.

So you can seperate the ones that once registered and not log in for a long while from those that once registered, and log in frequently.

I now do it manually with something like :

DELETE FROM yabbse_members WHERE posts = 0 AND lastLogin < 1030783040 (i.e. august 30th)

Webby of salesplaza.nl
The YaBBSE buttongenerator : Click HERE !
Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2002, 05:44:24 AM »

What if the person has always stay logged in set for their cookie? I don't think the lastLogin gets updated everytime they visit does it?
If it doesn't you would probably have to check their logs to see if they are viewing threads or something to truly tell if they were active.
Jack.R.Abbit
Mod Team
YaBB God

RACE FOR SPENT!

Re:[Beta 1.4.1] View/Delete "No Posts" Members 1.1
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2002, 04:57:45 PM »

OK.. so I have updated this mod and packaged it up.  It now has a "Days Inactive" column to show how long they have gone with out activity.  It uses the same style lookup as the "View Inactive Members" so it should be right on.  Please read the first post for more info.

-Jack

1979Z28

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2002, 05:59:48 PM »

Updated. :) Went off without a hitch, once I removed the function viewnopostmembers from my old admin.php. Sweet update ;D
Roy
Noobie

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2002, 07:41:59 PM »

Quote from: Jack.R.Abbit on October 03, 2002, 05:13:52 PMHere it is.....
Sounds like what I'm looking for, but I must have missed something - somewhere along the way.  How do I install it?  I downloaded the zip file expecting to find a "how to" instruction in it.  This would be my very first mod installation.  Is there somewhere a general instruction set for mod installations - or what?

Thanks for your help.  :D
Jack.R.Abbit
Mod Team
YaBB God

RACE FOR SPENT!

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2002, 09:05:00 PM »

Roy,

All of my mods are created to be used with the PacMan built into YabbSE 1.4.1.  You should be able to find information on how to install via PacMan.  The .zip file just contians the source that is used to create the YabbPak file for those that wish to do the install by hand.  I don't really support (or encourage) hand installation, specially for a novice.  I would suggest that you download the .mod.yp file, place it in your Packages folder on your server and install it via the PabbPak Center in your board Admin Center.  Even easier would be to add my Package server (which can be found in my signature) to your package server list and you can download this, and other, packages directly from my server to the proper package folder on your server.

I don't support BoardMod installations.

-Jack

Roy
Noobie

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2002, 09:23:03 PM »

Thanks for the prompt response, Jack.  I have been trying to use BoardMod - thus far, without success.  :(

I really appreciate your pointing me in the right direction and now that I have your guidlines, I'll get back to work on installing your mod.  :D

If I encounter any problem(s) along the way, I'll get back to you.

Thanks again for your most appreciated assistance.

Cheers, Roy
Jack.R.Abbit
Mod Team
YaBB God

RACE FOR SPENT!

Re:[Done 1.4.1/1.5.1RC1] View/Delete "No Posts" Members 1.2
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2003, 01:35:45 AM »

Updated for 1.5.1RC1

-Jack
« Last Edit: March 04, 2003, 01:46:50 AM by Jack.R.Abbit » Logged

GWP

A total PHP MySQL Novice :) - but getting better!

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2003, 09:27:09 AM »

I have one query about yabpaks.
They seem to modify the files on the server, this is probably done to ease the amount of work needed by the person who is installing the mods.
Does that then create a different version of a file on the server and the file on the local drive?

If so, how do we find out what files need to be downloaded onto our local to keep things in sync?

YabbSE 1.5.1rc Mods:AdvIm, Member Map, Password Prompt, Report to mod, Smilies SE 2.0, Bio, collapsable_yabb, Ignore user, Name, allowed user, search member, enchanced ban, posts per day, Mute User, Memberlist Plus,Who,ExactPostLink. Remove_Clicklog,mc_BoldOwnThreads.QuickReply, UserEnableDisableCensor, RefererMod, lastlogin_profile,PostBasedImRestrict, ExactPostLink, UserBrowsing,
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2003, 11:23:53 AM »

Quote from: GWP on March 22, 2003, 09:27:09 AM
I have one query about yabpaks.
They seem to modify the files on the server, this is probably done to ease the amount of work needed by the person who is installing the mods.
Does that then create a different version of a file on the server and the file on the local drive?

If so, how do we find out what files need to be downloaded onto our local to keep things in sync?

It updates the file itself.  Backups are made as filename~.

So, for example, if a mod changes Admin.php - Admin.php will be the changed version, and Admin.php~ will be the unchanged one.

-[Unknown]
GWP

A total PHP MySQL Novice :) - but getting better!

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2003, 12:02:25 PM »

Its a pity the files that need changing/downloading cannot be shown prior to the installation as in Boardmod.
Then backups can be made and the updated files downloaded on the local drive.
I must admit, i do-not have a great deal of confidence in the yabpak system, as I always seem to get an error and cannot do anything about it (no manual install)

YabbSE 1.5.1rc Mods:AdvIm, Member Map, Password Prompt, Report to mod, Smilies SE 2.0, Bio, collapsable_yabb, Ignore user, Name, allowed user, search member, enchanced ban, posts per day, Mute User, Memberlist Plus,Who,ExactPostLink. Remove_Clicklog,mc_BoldOwnThreads.QuickReply, UserEnableDisableCensor, RefererMod, lastlogin_profile,PostBasedImRestrict, ExactPostLink, UserBrowsing,
Jack.R.Abbit
Mod Team
YaBB God

RACE FOR SPENT!

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2003, 03:15:03 PM »

The YabbPak mod files follow the same structure as the BoardMod mod files (but have slightly different tag names)  Since BoardMod basically does the same search/replace that YabbPaks do, any errors on one are likely to occurr with the other if what is being searched for just is not there.  It must match exactly for it to be a match, so if you have changed even one char, it fails that search.  From what I understand, it is that way for both systems.

Manual installation is always going to give you more control.  The more you mod your board, the more likely an install will fail.. leaving you to install by hand regardless of which system you use.

For some people, it is crucial to always have their local copy the same as their remote copy.  For others not so much.  I for one work on my board from two different locations so I alwyas need to update what ever I am working on before I start.  Its just the mindset you are in.  If always working locally and then uploading is the way you work then perhaps YabbPaks are not for you.  But you can always download the YabbPak and open it up and install it by hand if thats how you prefer to do it.  I always include a zip version of all the files used in the YabbPak create for just that purpose.

In addition, PackMan does give you the blow-by-blow info as it does the install.  A brief scan of the results page will let you know the files that were modified.  Then you could do a quick download to sync up.  Also, if you do the "test install" first it will give you the heads up on what its about to do if you wanted to back something up first.

I'll look into writing a mod for PackMan that will scan the mod file right after it extracts it to list the files it will modify.

BTW, were you having problems installing this mod?  What error were you seeing?

-Jack

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.4.1 & 1.5.X] View/Delete "No Posts" Members 1.3 « previous - next »