Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 19, 2024, 10:39:19 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Sessions don't carry over to yabbse pages. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Sessions don't carry over to yabbse pages.  (Read 112184 times)
bigtoeski
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Sessions don't carry over to yabbse pages.
« on: March 30, 2004, 09:07:30 PM »

I am very new to yabbse and to php mysql.  I am working on a website where users log into a site using php sessions where they can navigate to different areas of the site, one of them being able to navigate to the yabbse forum.  

I have placed a header file in the template.php file which checks to make sure their session is valid and has the session_start() command  before any other code is executed.  This doesn't seem to work cause any time the user navigates to yabbse somehow the session gets destroyed and the session id is ' '.  I then thought that maybe the template.php doesn't get called on all pages so I went and added session_start(); to each php file but that didn't do the trick either.  

Is there some code somewhere that gets rid of my session? I know yabbse uses cookies to handle users staying logged in from page to page and I am trying to use sessions with cookies.  Will that work?

Again I am very much a newbie  :o and any help or suggestions on this would help!!  Thanks in advance!

Tony
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 09:09:25 PM by bigtoeski » Logged
Chris Cromer
The Strange One
Mod Team
YaBB God

I am just a figment of your imagination.

Re:Sessions don't carry over to yabbse pages.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 09:23:07 PM »

YaBBSE already has session code in it. So chances are your sessions code would be interfereing with it.

Chris Cromer

I am not suffering from insanity, I am enjoying every minute of it.
bigtoeski
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 09:29:53 PM »

So yabbse uses persistent cookies - the ones that get stored on the client hard drive, as well as session cookies?  Is there anyway I could get my session to work along side yabbse's session?

[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 04:02:26 AM »

SMF has much better session support.

YaBB SE just uses sessions for basic auth.

-[Unknown]
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Sessions don't carry over to yabbse pages. « previous - next »