Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 25, 2024, 03:11:47 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.4.0] All in One MemberList 1.0 « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Done 1.4.0] All in One MemberList 1.0  (Read 40643 times)
KenTeamBG

TeamBG rules!!!

Re:[Done] All in One MemberList 1.0
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2002, 05:28:42 AM »

Okay...I discovered the 1.0 version replaced email2.gif (used in the post/reply YaBBC buttons), so this zip uses email3.gif instead and has the standard YaBBSE email2.gif so you can fix this.

http://teambg.kicks-ass.net/allinoneML11a.zip

Spaceman-Spiff
Mod Team
YaBB God

My $txt[228]

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2002, 08:29:55 AM »

i thought goosemoose is the one modding this... ^^;
oh well, i'll give it a try... thx

My mods, ysePak, codes, tutorials
    Support question IMs = bad.
Spaceman-Spiff
Mod Team
YaBB God

My $txt[228]

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2002, 08:35:46 AM »

tried both Memberlist.php version, still returns me "Sorry, no matches were found" when clicking on sort by Username

itswheelie

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2002, 08:40:38 AM »

Did you edit Index.php as suggested in the readme.txt
Spaceman-Spiff
Mod Team
YaBB God

My $txt[228]

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2002, 11:38:21 AM »

nevermind, just realized that clicking "Username" will bring to sort by first letter 0
and since there's no one using that first letter 0, it doesnt show anything, i thought the "Username" will bring the action="mlall" back  :P

KenTeamBG

TeamBG rules!!!

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2002, 06:13:28 PM »

Quote from: Spaceman-Spiff on June 25, 2002, 08:29:55 AMi thought goosemoose is the one modding this... ^^;
oh well, i'll give it a try... thx

It's goosemooses...I just helped...as my earlier reply says...he can take it and run with it...I just thought putting it up with my changes would help you guys and him to have a stable and nice v1.1...now I am sure he still wants to do more.

goosemoose

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2002, 06:48:40 PM »

Ken,
 I would appreciate it if you messaged me with the changes so that I could update them. I do appreciate your interest and while somethings are nice, some of the additions I don't want in there. Which is why just one person works on a mod. I will of course take additions people want into consideration and probably add them in, but instead of hard coding them I am going to make them options in the admin panel. People always want slight tweaks to mods, the object is to have a main mod, and other people can play with their own version if they want. Please email me with the changes you have made so I can look at them.

The mod in the first message has been updated and works fine, as long as you make sure to add the index.php addition stated a few messages back.

I am always glad to work with others and get help but it makes it hard when I am editing code to make changes on my own, and you are changes the same code to do something else!

Thanks

MobileYaBB v.3 [75% done]
All in One MemberList 1.0
Integrated Chat v 2.0
KenTeamBG

TeamBG rules!!!

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2002, 07:02:41 PM »

You can download what I did and see what I did.  That is much easier than me sitting here trying to explain it all.

That is why I put it up.  Plus people wanted it to work now.  There are many problems I have worked out.  I can make a separate topic and have this listed as my own variation of your mod if you'd prefer.

I know you want things to be selectable in the admin panel, but I wasn't gonna rewrite your whole mod for you either.  I made the changes and *fixes* I did for *your* benefit.  Feel free to use them or not, its up to you.  However, I have the right, I think to offer my help to you (you can refuse how I offer it I suppose) and until there are strict ownership guidelines saying I am not allowed to mod another mod, I am free to put it up for download for the eager public.  Note I mentioned there is plenty more you wanted to do and you were free to take what I had done if you wish.

I don't really appreciate a public semi-chastizing for helping.  You asked for my input and changes, and I gave them to you...you never asked that I not put it up for people to download.

You tell me how you want me to proceed, and I will.  If that means not associating my changes with your mod or whatever...just let me know.  I think the people that have used my fixed up version like it and will use it until you have updated the mod with admin panel settings, there is no harm done and its simply allowed this great mod to be more usable until you go get it there.  Yes?

goosemoose

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2002, 07:17:51 PM »

Ken,
 I have no problem with you working on the mod and helping out. I don't think I clearly explained the problem. First, the version I have up does work, and has as you found out yourself. The problem I am having is that you are changing coding in the same sections I am working on. It is therefore very hard for me to watch for the changes you are making to see if they conflict with what I am working on right now as well. I was not asking you to make the changes for the admin panel, I am working on that right now.
  I am simply asking that you notify me of the changes and then I will post them, or post code modifications as code form for simple fixes, that way I can see what you have done. Thanks

Integrated Chat v 2.0
KenTeamBG

TeamBG rules!!!

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2002, 07:44:28 PM »

I would have if it were that minor, but I made many changes.  I also had no plans to continue making changes.  This is it...until you release a newer version that has the admin panel stuff added and stuff.  The email2.gif overwrite is something you'll want to fix (as I did) and the other stuff is the change in how mlall can mimic mlallbygroup (optional, though not from admin panel as I see you may do), and the rest is cosmetic...like having the letter links on all ML pages so at any time you can click on a letter, whether you're in mlletter mode or not...I also added headers to every page, which you did not have and cleaned up (removed) an empty row along the top of your tables (empty because the texts were = "" IIRC).

I also added a little bit so that in mlallbygroup the normal forum members have a heading too, in your version there is none and they just seem to attach to the last group listed.

;D

« Last Edit: June 25, 2002, 07:45:39 PM by KenTeamBG » Logged

goosemoose

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2002, 08:44:44 PM »

Okay, I will check it out and try to combine them. I am going to message you too about a few things. For now everyone can use ken's version since it added and cleaned up a few things. I will release another version within the week but since it only requires replacing the memberlist.php file you can just change now and replace it when I get the new version out.

Integrated Chat v 2.0
KenTeamBG

TeamBG rules!!!

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2002, 09:13:10 PM »

Hey...with how I added the letter links to all pages...I think it would be a good idea to make the "Username" column header simply go to a sorted mlall list.

Also, the "Posts" heading being clicked should maybe list all pages of users sorted by number of posts, not just the top X defined in settings.  Maybe the top X posters is not even really needed with this new layout.

Let me make sure this is clear, I really like your mod goosemoose, that's why I try helping ya.  ;)  I have replied to your PM.

I have altered my own memberlist to work as I have described *except* clicking on the "Posts" column header still returns only the top X posters.  I am not sure which way to go on that one.  ;)  And instead of making mlall act like mlallbygroup, I simply went back to having them act differently and changed the two links in BoardIndex.php to use mlallbygroup instead of mlall.  ;)

I am not putting these changes up for download, as I don't wish to cause any confusion and want goosemoose to carry on without me micromanaging things.   :D

« Last Edit: June 25, 2002, 09:31:16 PM by KenTeamBG » Logged

tore-

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2002, 11:59:12 AM »

i liked this mod, hope it will be standard in yabb 2  :D

Star wars rules!
Spaceman-Spiff
Mod Team
YaBB God

My $txt[228]

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2002, 04:08:14 PM »

another suggestion: combine 0-9, becoz not a lot of users use nicks starting with numbers

goosemoose

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2002, 07:15:31 PM »

Good idea spaceman, I will look into it. I am working on a version that adds to the mod settings in the admin panel. I hope to get it out by sunday but we will see. My host just notified me that I have to move to another one of their servers because I am using way to much of their resources :( Oh well. Hopefully it won't take a lot of time.

Integrated Chat v 2.0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.4.0] All in One MemberList 1.0 « previous - next »