Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
March 28, 2024, 04:55:27 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.4.0] All in One MemberList 1.0 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Done 1.4.0] All in One MemberList 1.0  (Read 40267 times)
goosemoose

I'm a llama!

[Done 1.4.0] All in One MemberList 1.0
« on: June 23, 2002, 09:37:58 PM »

All in One MemberList 1.0 - my first mod :)
Click here for Download

Uses sort by membergroup by Myiasis
Design based on YaMS for SP1 by Carsten
For YaBBSE 1.4

What is does:
1. Adds ICQ,AIM,YIM,MSN to Memberlist
2. Changed everything to graphical view
3. Adds sort by membergroup!
4. Changed design

Set up already HERE You can login with the account test:test
Simple to install, back up your memberlist.php and replace with one in zip, and upload images to your image dir.

PLEASE let me know what you think, or if anything should be added (such as add user to buddy list for icq and msn), or of any bugs. I still haven't figured out how to add different settings to the admin center but once I do I will set it up so you can change the default view. I like sort by membergroup the best :) I will release another version soon once I add this in.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2002, 01:57:38 AM by Nemesis » Logged

MobileYaBB v.3 [75% done]
All in One MemberList 1.0
Integrated Chat v 2.0
tazthedev

I'm a llama!

Re:[Done] All in One MemberList 1.0
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2002, 10:48:37 PM »

Hi!

For the admin center.... install your options in the modsettings.php file, so the admin can select the new options in the "Installed MODs settings and option" from the control panel ...

I made one, where the admin select options and where the user select the options too...

For the user, if needed, look at profile.php

For your mod, he's great, but some things could be changed... If a user click on ->Username ... 0 record is returned... and all the letters appears...

Instead, if a user click on Username, give him the chance to see all the sorted usernames... keep also all the letters at the top..

KenTeamBG

TeamBG rules!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2002, 11:14:40 PM »

Hmmm...looks like I may need to dig in and see what's up, I get the following errors when I replace my old Memberlist.php with this one:

QuoteParse error: parse error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/teambg/www/forum/Sources/Memberlist.php on line 185

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mlall() in /home/teambg/www/forum/index.php on line 259

sylvester
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2002, 11:17:01 PM »

Quote from: KenTeamBG on June 23, 2002, 11:14:40 PMHmmm...looks like I may need to dig in and see what's up, I get the following errors when I replace my old Memberlist.php with this one:

QuoteParse error: parse error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/teambg/www/forum/Sources/Memberlist.php on line 185

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mlall() in /home/teambg/www/forum/index.php on line 259
same problem here  :-\

I'm back
Broomop
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2002, 12:15:35 AM »

i dont know much but maybe..... this is a guess find the mlall() and add a ; or maybe the function name is wrong. but im certain its right. coz mlall = memberlist all i recon... anyway ill try fix it.... Later
tazthedev

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2002, 01:58:40 AM »

I just rewrite some of the Mlall() function and its working .... weird ...
KenTeamBG

TeamBG rules!!!

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2002, 02:06:17 AM »

Quote from: tazthedev on June 24, 2002, 01:58:40 AMI just rewrite some of the Mlall() function and its working .... weird ...

What did you re-write?  No secrets!   ;D

goosemoose

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2002, 02:49:50 AM »

Sylvester & Ken, What version of Yabb SE are you using? Also do you have any mods installed? I made this on a clean version of 1.4 If you have any mods installed there might be a conflict. Let me know so I can try to be compatible with as much as possible. I am still streamlining the code a bit, trying to make it quicker and more efficeint.

Taz: The sort by letter is actually the same as the regular version , if you don't have anyone in whatever the first sort variable is nothing will show up. I'll look at it and see what I can change though. Also did your install go smoothly?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2002, 02:53:34 AM by goosemoose » Logged

Integrated Chat v 2.0
KenTeamBG

TeamBG rules!!!

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2002, 02:57:19 AM »

I am using v1.4 but replaced my BoardIndex.php with the v1.3 one for better performance at the command of Jeff Lewis...until they make a change for v1.4.1

I just swapped in a v1.4 BoardIndex.php and get the same results.  So I put my v1.3 back.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2002, 03:04:32 AM by KenTeamBG » Logged

KenTeamBG

TeamBG rules!!!

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2002, 07:18:29 AM »

dead link

sylvester
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2002, 12:07:06 PM »

goosemoose, could you fix the link, plz...

I'm back
goosemoose

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2002, 02:08:25 PM »

Okay guys I think I found the problem. Try the first link again. It looks like php is not as liberal about where I can put my comment statements as c++ is :( Let me know if it works.

Integrated Chat v 2.0
KenTeamBG

TeamBG rules!!!

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2002, 03:19:57 PM »

Now mlallbygroup does not work.

:o

Also...I know the normal YaBBSE does not alphabetize the memberlist in mlall, but I think it should, and maybe your mod should...or have an mlall2 that is.

Here is why:

(1) The ONLY thing this current order of mlall is good for is to see the members in the order they joined.  Not very many uses there.  Also, if that were its reason for the order, it should be reversed so the newest is first.

(2) YaBBSE was based upon YaBB 1 Gold.  Y1G used simple txt files for data and when a new user was created it appended it to the memberlist.  There was no mechanism for properly ordering the list and instead of reading in the values and sorting the array, they simply read it straight in (for performance I think).  They also had a place in the Admin Panel to alphabetize/rebuild the membelist.  Once this was done, mlall *was* sorted.  Now we have a better port of Y1G in php and instead of duplicating and even making it better, here we have actually worse/less functionality.  I definitely think that most users would want to see an alphabetized list by default.

Thanks for reading this.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2002, 03:24:45 PM by KenTeamBG » Logged

Trushna
Noobie

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2002, 06:04:07 PM »

Quote from: KenTeamBG on June 24, 2002, 03:19:57 PMNow mlallbygroup does not work.

:o

Also...I know the normal YaBBSE does not alphabetize the memberlist in mlall, but I think it should, and maybe your mod should...or have an mlall2 that is.

Here is why:

(1) The ONLY thing this current order of mlall is good for is to see the members in the order they joined.  Not very many uses there.  Also, if that were its reason for the order, it should be reversed so the newest is first.

(2) YaBBSE was based upon YaBB 1 Gold.  Y1G used simple txt files for data and when a new user was created it appended it to the memberlist.  There was no mechanism for properly ordering the list and instead of reading in the values and sorting the array, they simply read it straight in (for performance I think).  They also had a place in the Admin Panel to alphabetize/rebuild the membelist.  Once this was done, mlall *was* sorted.  Now we have a better port of Y1G in php and instead of duplicating and even making it better, here we have actually worse/less functionality.  I definitely think that most users would want to see an alphabetized list by default.

Thanks for reading this.

This is for non modded Memberlist.php:

<search for>
   $request = mysql_query("SELECT memberName,realName,websiteTitle,websiteUrl,posts,memberGroup,ICQ,emailAddress,hideEmail FROM
{$db_prefix}members WHERE 1 LIMIT $start,$MembersPerPage");
</search for>

<replace>
   $request = mysql_query("SELECT memberName,realName,websiteTitle,websiteUrl,posts,memberGroup,ICQ,emailAddress,hideEmail FROM
{$db_prefix}members WHERE 1 ORDER by memberName LIMIT $start,$MembersPerPage");
</replace>

( 18/6/2002 ) * FIFA vs Italy : 2 - 1 *
KenTeamBG

TeamBG rules!!!

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2002, 06:32:21 PM »

Right, I know how to do it...but it only does me any good if I do it and don't bring it up as a topic for others.  ;)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2002, 06:57:53 PM by KenTeamBG » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.4.0] All in One MemberList 1.0 « previous - next »